Unwrapped is unleashed
Valley Organics has opened 'Unwrapped' - its own 'Zero Waste' shop in our old shop at 31 Market Street Hebden Bridge.
Thursday & Friday 10:00 - 18:00
Saturday 09:30 - 17:30
Sunday 11:00 - 16:00
We've a wide range of beans, pulses, oats, grains and dried fruits available, plus a range of household cleaning products including cream cleaner, washing up liquid and laundry liquid. Bodycare products have just come in. We also have a honey drum and peanut butter machine and you can even buy one organic egg if that's all you need!. Everything is organic, unless an organic alternative is unavailable and everything costs less than the equivalent in our packaged shop, so come along and reduce waste and save money too.
Bring your own container - any container (get creative) and refill as little or as much as you need. Products are by weight, even the liquids.
We'll be charging for paper bags in time, but not at the moment.
Jars also available to buy, but we actively encourage re-using your own.
We're running down Ecoleaf and Bio-D in favour of SESI cleaning and laundry products, as they take the containers back to sanitise and re-use - closed loop recycling!
Due to its nature our unwrapped shop is not suitable for people with severe allergies.
How it works:
1. bring in your container
2. weigh your container on our self-service scale (it will give you a bar-code to stick on your container)
3. fill your container with whatever amount you need
4. put your container back on the scale and choose the product, from a list on the screen
5. scan your bar-code from step 2
6. the scale will print out a second bar-code for you to stick on your container
7. take to the till and pay.
Staff are always happy to show you how it's done.